Revel Groups are discussion-based groups on the Revel platform that are created and run by fellow Revel members (with the exception of the All Revelers and Hosting Resources groups, which are run by Revel HQ). Members can create groups on any topic of their choosing, from writing, to hiking, to 15th century art. Groups may have a local flavor to them (e.g. West Hollywood Restaurant Lovers) or be open to all members, no matter their location.
Once a group is created, any Revel member can choose to join that group and partake in the discussions and any associated events. There are many different groups on Revel and we as Revelers understand that not every group may be for us. As a community we ask that each member joins and partakes in the groups that interest her and please refrain from interfering within those that might not.
Each group has its own individual guidelines and rules which are determined by the group curator(s) and explicated in the group's About section. These guidelines include the purpose of the group and what kind of activity is allowed, or not allowed, within the group.
In addition to the individual guidelines within each group, we require all members to abide by these community-wide guidelines as well:
- Be respectful – While we might not agree with everything that another member shares within a group, we always try to assume positive intent. Be respectful of your fellow members when commenting or disagreeing on a post. Everyone has a right to use Revel without fear of harassment, bullying, and/or threats of violence. Lastly, repeated posting and commenting that appears to irritate, provoke, and/or rile the community unnecessarily will not be allowed and may result in being removed from the community.
- No self-promotion or solicitation - Group discussions are for community and social engagement. We don't permit solicitation or self-promotion of any kind within posts. The only exception to this is if it’s within a group that specifically allows business-related posts. This must be explicitly written in a group’s About section, so be sure to review the group’s guidelines before posting.
- Certain content has no place here - As a company, we believe that Black lives matter, that women's rights are human rights, that no human is illegal, that science is real, love is love, and diversity makes us stronger. We’ve articulated our belief statement here. Though we want to be a destination where women come together and learn from each other, not a place that aggravates the polarization and division that is tearing our country apart, there is certain content that has no place on Revel. We will not tolerate anti-vaccination commentary, transphobia, climate change denial, alt-right political statements, or other speech that violates our core beliefs.
- Make sure to post in the appropriate group - Groups are created around specific interests or event series, so please make sure your post falls within that group's purpose before you post. If you aren't sure where to post something, you can always reach out to [email protected] to ask.
“All Revelers” Guidelines
Unlike the many other groups, ‘All Revelers’ is the only community-wide group on Revel and it is run by Revel HQ. That feed is intended as a place to share Revel updates, share events and engage in lighthearted discussion. For this reason, this group enforces the following guideline:
- No posting of polarizing content, including posts about politics, religion, pseudoscience, conspiracy theories, or any other topics that are essentially divisive in nature.
Enforcing Group Guidelines and Rules
Revel reserves the right to take action against posts or comments that violate any guidelines and/or rules. This may include reaching out to violators directly, commenting on posts, and/or removing posts or comments. We rarely delete comments, but we will do so if we feel it’s in the best interest of the overall community.
If you see a post that you believe violates our guidelines or if we've deleted something you wrote and you want to know why, please contact us at [email protected]