Thank you for your interest in organizing an event for your Revel community! Our community exists because of our member-hosts like you, who bring their creativity and passions to the platform. Please take a moment to review the following Hosting Guidelines prior to your event:
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting with Revel: Whether this is your first time hosting or you’re an experienced pro, we encourage you to browse our Host Resources Video Library.
- No Solicitation: Revel is a community first and foremost. As members, we want to feel comfortable attending Revel events and groups without the fear that we’ll end up at a sales pitch. That’s why we don’t allow solicitation of our members at our events or otherwise. If you are sharing your expertise at an event, you are allowed to share your business email or website with those interested, but allow those members to contact you if they would like to learn more.
○ What is allowed: During an event saying “If you’d like to talk to me one on one about scheduling a session, email me at [name]@gmail.com.”
○ What is not allowed: During an event saying “Who here would like to buy one of my sessions?”
- External Speakers: We welcome member-hosts who want to invite third party speakers as guests at one of their events. However, since those third party speakers will often be held out as experts to other members, we ask you to review the Speaker Guidelines before inviting a guest. We will also review your submission before posting it to ensure that:
○ The guest speaker’s credentials are accurately described. We will ensure that all licenses are up to date.
○ The guest understands and agrees to abide by Revel’s non-solicitation policy.
○ The guest has reviewed Revel’s tips and tricks for hosting with Revel.
- Non-Discrimination: Revel is a community inclusive of all those who identify as women and are over the age of 50. We are all committed to doing everything we can to help eliminate all forms of unlawful bias, discrimination, and intolerance from our platform. To that end, Revel hosts agree to read and act in accordance with the following:
○ Revel hosts may not make any statement that discourages or indicates a preference for or against any attendee on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
○ Revel hosts may not impose any different terms or conditions based on the fact that an attendee has a disability. If you have questions about how to help make your event more accessible, please contact [email protected].