We at Revel have built this platform because we want to encourage and empower women to create — whether it’s hosting an event or a group, or joining one to learn a new skill, or simply to make some new connections, Revel is a place for you, and in large part created by you.
We just have a few rules:
- No Solicitation: Revel is a community first and foremost. As members, we want to feel comfortable attending Revel events and groups without the fear that we’ll end up at a sales pitch. That’s why we do not allow solicitation of any kind at our events or otherwise. If you are sharing your expertise at an event, which we love, you are welcome to share your business email or website with those interested, but allow those members to contact you if they would like to learn more.
What is allowed:
- During an event saying “If you’d like to talk to me one-on-one about scheduling a session, email me at [name]@gmail.com.”
- If, as a host, you are buying tickets to a theatre show or booking a reservation in a restaurant that requires a deposit, it is totally fine to ask your attendees to reimburse you for their share of the cost.
What is not allowed:
- During an event asking “Who here would like to buy one of my sessions?”
- Asking (soliciting) attendees for their email addresses and then adding them to your newsletter without explicit permission.
- Following-up after an event in private messages or emails with offers of programs or services.
We welcome member-hosts who want to invite third party speakers as guests at one of their events. However, since those third party speakers will often be held out as experts to other members, we ask you to review the Speaker Guidelines before inviting a guest. We will also review your submission before posting it to ensure that:
- The guest speaker’s credentials are accurately described. We will ensure that all licenses are up to date.
- The guest understands and agrees to abide by Revel’s non-solicitation policy.
- The guest has reviewed Revel’s tips and tricks for hosting with Revel.
Revel is a community inclusive of all those who identify as women and are over the age of 40. We are all committed to doing everything we can to help eliminate all forms of unlawful bias, discrimination, and intolerance from our platform. To that end, Revel hosts agree to read and act in accordance with the following:
- Revel hosts may not make any statement that discourages or indicates a preference for or against any attendee on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
- Revel hosts may not impose any different terms or conditions based on the fact that an attendee has a disability.
We hope this helps everyone understand what our boundaries are. You can find more information and helpful tips on hosting in our Revel FAQs and if you have any questions about any of this, please email us at [email protected].